Monday, October 29, 2012

The Farm School

So, this past week, I was a little MIA as I headed out West-Western MA that is...to The Farm School with 46 8th graders in tow. It is such an amazing place! The theme of the farm is: being kind, helping others and good food. All the farmers and staff embodied that and more! The kids had such a great time, there were no major incidents and we all returned in one piece-for an 8th grade overnight field trip, I'll call that a success!

Being away from technology for a few days and waking up before sunrise to work on the farm, definitely put things in perspective for me. I loved being that close to nature and even being removed from my beloved devices, did good things for my soul. From sunrise nature walks, morning yoga, the amazing food that was cooked by the kids (with help from the staff), exploring the woods, and campfires at night-it was truly a one-of-a-kind experience that I will not soon forget.






















Although I must admit, after a few pumpkin beers, a hot shower, and a full night's sleep,
 I did feel a bit more human :)

No comments:

Post a Comment