Monday, January 16, 2012

Tonight's Dinner 1-16

Today I had the rare opportunity to be home on a Monday. It's MLK day and I had the day off. I was a little productive, but mostly lazy, recovering from our ski trip yesterday. 

It was a chilly day, and I was inspired to use my long-neglected crock-pot. I decided to make beef stew, and found this awesome recipe from my new favorite ipad app-epicurious via gourmet magazine, December 2008 Beef Stew with Potatoes and Carrots.



Nick and I got a little hungry while waiting the 6-8 hours of slow cooking goodness, so I decided to make an app.  While looking around on pinterest, I came across two different sites that make cheesy garlic bread sticks-one was a more semi-homemade version with store bought dough, so I went with that one Lindsay's cheesy garlic bread sticks, but you can also find the original here Lauren's cheesy garlic bread sticks, which I'm sure is equally amazing.






These sticks were cheesy, garlicky, and super easy! I can't believe I've shelled out 8.99 for the delivery version before-never again! These sticks are soo yummy-and were devoured in minutes...


It was delish and just what this chilly day called for :)

No comments:

Post a Comment