Sunday, May 12, 2013

Love you, Mom

My Mom is a pretty special lady, and I consider myself lucky to have her in my life. We may not have come together in the traditional mother-daughter way-I was adopted at around 4 weeks by my amazing parents. They tried very hard, but couldn't have children the natural way. They opened up their minds and hearts to adoption, even when others questioned the decision and I'm so thankful they did.

My Mom and I are like two peas in a pod. I'm not sure there's anyone else in the world who gets me like she does. As a young working mother, she worked close to 10 hours a day, and then managed to come home and turn on the Mom mode. From girl scouts, to homework and school dances, she was there for me always. I know she has guilt for not 'being there' as much while I was growing up, but she was and I'm so proud of the successful businesswoman she is, and always has been.

We had some rough times throughout my high school years, and I'm so thankful she forgave all the awful things I said and did during the growing pains of those years. And then, when I went away to college and came home, something changed. I had a newfound respect for her, and an amazing friendship developed between us. We got really close through planning my wedding. We had so much fun, and just enjoyed every minute of it, I know I couldn't have done it without her. And then came the roughest point in my life, my miscarriage. She took time out of her life to be there for me. Through one of the worst days of my life, she was right there next to me, holding my hand, wiping my tears, and giving me a gentle smile that let me know, I'd be okay.

We've had some unforgettable mother-daughter times, and I'm so incredibly grateful to have her in my life. I owe everything to her. She's the reason, I'm the woman I am today. She's a constant, positive presence in my life, and I hope to someday live up to the example she's set.









Happy Mother's Day, to an amazing mother, confidant, and best friend!

Love you to mergintroy, Mom!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment